Company Name: Baan Lao Thai Cuisine
Work Location: 4100 Bayview Street, Richmond, BC
Terms of Employment: Full time, Permanent
Wage: $25.00 per hour
Language of Work: English
Located by the harbour in the historic fishing village of Steveston, in Richmond, British Columbia, Baan Lao Fine Thai Cuisine guests are greeted with a beautiful ocean view and unique décor, transporting them on an intriguing and memorable culinary journey. We provide authentic, upscale Thai food, inventive cocktails, and a carefully curated wine list.
Baan Lao means “Our Home”, reflecting our core value of ensuring everyone feels like an honoured guest. Enveloped in the warmth of our surroundings and the hospitality of our team, guests will enjoy the eye-catching presentation of our food, have their taste buds captivated by the depth and layers in the flavours, and revel in a variety of unique special touches that will make their evening an experience they don’t want to leave and can’t wait to return to.
- Assist in preparation and planning of meals and meal designs
- Collaborate with the Executive Chef in developing new menu options based on seasonality and customer demand
- Help create and adhere to detailed food presentation guidelines
- Ensure that kitchen activities operate in a timely manner by adeptly managing the proper flow of the kitchen processes
- Monitor and record inventory
- Manage food and product ordering by keeping detailed records to minimize waste and optimize budget
- Ensure proper food rotation systems and verify all food products are properly dated and stored to meet food safety standards
- Lead by example as you coach and mentor the kitchen team
- Support and provide assistance to all kitchen employees
- Manage line cooks and prep teams, including training coaching and evaluating
- Assist in recruiting and training new kitchen employees
- Adhere to and implement all food safety and sanitation regulations, and guide the team in doing the same
- Ensure all meals and presentation meet the Baan Lao brand standard for quality, efficiency and accuracy
- Work with Restaurant Manager and Chef to resolve customer concerns
- Create appropriate schedules for your kitchen team
- Recruit and retain quality kitchen team members, develop or revise kitchen employee training procedures, supervise the training and assess the result
- Serve as a brand ambassador for Baan Lao, demonstrating honesty, integrity and a commitment to exceptional customer service
As the Sous Chef at Baan Lao, you are passionate about food, have an incredible eye for detail, and believe food presentation is an art form that instantly elevates the dining experience.
- Culinary school training.
- 2+ years of work experience in a similar role.
- Previous Thai food kitchen experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience in food cost control.
- Exceptional customer service, good interpersonal and communication.
- Strong organization, teamwork and problem-solving skills with demonstrated flexibility.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- FoodSafe Level 1 certification is mandatory. FoodSafe Level 2 certification is an asset.
- Ability to mentor and guide coworkers, build relationships and have difficult conversations.
- Ability to adapt and make decisions quickly in a fast-paced setting.
- Passionate about maintaining a positive environment for guests and staff.
We look forward to adding your energy and enthusiasm to our team.
Please submit your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.