Company Name: Baan Lao Thai Cuisine
Work Location: 4100 Bayview Street, Richmond, BC
Terms of Employment: Full time, Permanent
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Language of Work: English
Located by the harbour in the historic fishing village of Steveston, in Richmond, British Columbia, Baan Lao Fine Thai Cuisine guests are greeted with a beautiful ocean view and unique décor, transporting them on an intriguing and memorable culinary journey. We provide authentic, upscale Thai food, inventive cocktails, and a carefully curated wine list.
Baan Lao means “Our Home”, reflecting our core value of ensuring everyone feels like an honoured guest. Enveloped in the warmth of our surroundings and the hospitality of our team, guests will enjoy the eye-catching presentation of our food, have their taste buds captivated by the depth and layers in the flavours, and revel in a variety of unique special touches that will make their evening an experience they don’t want to leave and can’t wait to return to.
- Serve as a brand ambassador for Baan Lao, demonstrating honesty, integrity, and a commitment to exceptional customer service
- Lead by example as you coach and mentor the restaurant team
- Formulate and monitor the restaurant operation to ensure dine-in and take-out service meets the Baan Lao brand standard for quality, efficiency and accuracy
- Arrange special large portions and take out/party orders
- Coordinate restaurant flow with the kitchen, modifying operational and service procedures for timely delivery and guest satisfaction
- Understand and optimize the customer experience
- Oversee customer service and manage feedback, following up on guest concerns and comments to ensure exceptional customer satisfaction
- Mitigate any conflict, providing a positive team dynamic
- Arrange staff work shift schedules, oversee staff performance and provide on-site or off-site guidance when needed
- Recruit and retain quality team members
- Develop or revise new employee training procedures, supervise the training, and assess the result
- Monitor cash closing, submit daily cash and sales report
- Check daily inventory records and organize regular stocktaking
- Comply with all federal, provincial and municipal laws
- High school diploma is required
- 3+ years of management experience in the food and beverage industry
- Previous Thai food restaurant management experience is strongly preferred
- Exceptional customer service, good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organization, teamwork and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated flexibility
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Thorough understanding of FoodSafe and liquor law regulations
- Strong ability to influence, build relationships, and have difficult conversations
- Passionate about maintaining a positive environment for guests and staff
We look forward to adding your energy and enthusiasm to our team.
Please submit your resumé to email@example.com.